Organize Old School Papers # 1006
|After a while the papers you have been filing in your 3-ring binder or pocket folders will have to be either thrown away or stored somewhere else. If you don't clean out your binder or folders, they will become too heavy and messy. You might want to save old tests or important projects that you worked hard on. Follow these steps to organize your old school papers.|
Follow these steps:
1. Separate your papers into two pilesTRASH and SAVE.
2. Trash papers you know you will not need: old drawings, notes from friends, old homework papers, etc.
3. Save old tests that may have answers on them that can help you in the future. Save
important class notes.
4. Buy some folders and label them by subject and date. Put the papers you want to
save in these folders.
5. Buy a plastic crate or a file drawer and put the folders in there to save.
6. Get in the habit of saving or throwing out papers every day or so.
|Adapted from Study Strategies for Early School Success by Sirotowitz, Davis & Parker. Specialty Press, Inc. All rights reserved. This form may be copied for use in your practice.|